What is not to love about a blueberry muffin?
This recipe is simple to make with minimal ingredients, but tastes AMAZING.
Makes 12 muffins
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days
- 120g plain flour
- 120g spelt/wholewheat flour (or plain flour)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500ml plant milk (soya/almond/oat work best)
- 80ml oil (olive oil works best)
- 125g sugar (granulated/caster)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g fresh/frozen blueberries
- a little extra sugar + some flaked almonds to top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Line 12 cupcake/muffin tin with muffin liners, or grease with a little oil or vegan margarine if you have no liners.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl/jug until the sugar feels dissolved.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir to ensure the salt and baking powder are evenly mixed.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir until just combined. A few floury lumps is fine.
- Add the blueberries, and carefully fold through, taking care not to turn the whole batter purple if you’re using frozen!
- Using an ice cream scoop (or 2 tablespoons), fill each muffin liner 3/4 the way full.
- Top with a few more blueberries (to get the ultimate blueberry burst look on the top when baked!), scatter a few flaked almonds and sprinkle a little sugar on each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a skewer/knife inserted into the muffins comes out clean with only a few loose crumbs.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before moving to a wire rack. Eat as soon as you like (warm straight out the oven is the best!) or leave to cool completely.
Let me know if you make these in the comments below!
The Conscious Medic